Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tabula Rasa

I’ve always loved a blank, crisp piece of lined paper and a sharp number two pencil. There’s something about that blank slate upon which an infinite number of possibilities can spill. I feel that way starting my first blog. A blinking cursor has replaced the number two pencil, but the vibe is the same. Fresh, new… what can I create? Where to begin? I have always had a creative soul. I love to create new things. So, when my friend, Cara approached me about starting a new business creating hand crafted beaded items, my heart soared. Finally, a chance to put things together in different combinations, waiting until you hear that little voice say, “Perfect”. We had stepped forward as crafters.

Back in October of 2007 we started Busy Mamas Beading. We’re both SAHM striving to make things better in the world. We started by making Forget-Me-Not ™ bracelets. The concept is to keep loved ones connected by sharing a matching bracelet. An updated and more customized version of the best friend broken heart necklace. We’ve expanded our line into book marks, fan pulls, key chains, necklaces, wine glass markers, rings… if it can hold a bead, we’re considering it. We literally walk around the house looking at what we could possibly bead-up. A year later, we’re starting a blog…who would have thought?! I look forward to seeing where this no longer blank slate will take us!

1 comment:

Andrea Diuguid said...

I love the "had me at environmentally friendly" comment!